For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), I, Angela MacRae Shanks, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or how I use your Personal Data, please contact me at the contact details at the end of this policy. This policy is effective as of 25th May 2018.
1. Personal Data I collect: This is via a landing page on my website; angelamshanks.com, hosted by Mailerlite, an email marketing software company, and another landing page linked to from the back of my books created and hosted on Mailerlite.
Activity Type of Personal Data Collected
When you sign up to receive notification of when Email address.
the next book is available and free content from it. Name.
2. Use of your Personal Data: I will only use your Personal Data where: you have given consent by opting-in to receive communication from me about my next book. I will email you, the subscriber, when the next book is available and send you free content from it as promised.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data and keeping it secure: I take your privacy seriously and do not share your Personal Data with others except as necessary with my email marketing software company (Mailerlite – based in Lithuania, EU, who are the “Data Processor”). No data is stored on my website. Mailerlite store email addresses for me and operate in full compliance with GDPR. They hold information storage security certificate (ISO 27001) as well as a certificate of IT service management (ISO 20000) to ensure the security of Subscriber’s data.
4. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data: I will store your Personal Data only for as long as necessary i.e. until I am able to communicate to you that I have a new book available. I will delete any Personal Data that is no longer necessary.
5. Children: This website and my books are aimed at adults, and I do not knowing collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data.
6. Access to and control of your Personal Data: You have legal rights under GDPR to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email (email@example.com) or via my postal address.
* See what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to.
* Ask me to change/correct your Personal Data.
* Ask me to delete your Personal Data.
* Object to processing of your Personal Data.
* Ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal data.
* Withdraw any consent you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data.
* Express any concerns you have about third-party use of your Personal Data.
7. Contact Me: My contact details are:
Postal Address: Angela MacRae Shanks, Beechgrove, The Wards, Elgin, Moray, IV30 6AA